Restarting your iPod Touch often speeds it up temporarily. If your iPod continues to perform sluggishly, a few basic troubleshooting and housekeeping tasks may improve the overall operating speed of the device.
Make Your iPod Go Faster
– Step 1: While iPod is connected, go to iTunes and select your iPod in the sidebar on the left. Then in the right panel, scroll down and make sure “Enable disk use” is checked under “Options.”
– Step 2: Go to My Computer.
– Step 3: There should be an icon named after your iPod. Right click this icon and select “Properties.”
– Step 4: Click the “Tools” tab in the window that pops up, and then click “Defragment Now.”
– Step 5: You will get another window. This is the windows disk defragmenter utility. Click on the “Defragment” button in the bottom of the window.
– Step 6: This may take a while, and will make your computer go slow. It’s best not to bother it, so go out and read a book or take a nap or something.
– Step 7: When it’s finished, your iPod will now access everything and start up faster.
>>> See more: How to Eject an iPod From a Computer